This summer get lean with these Bodybuilding training workouts
How much time do you think you need to get in shape this summer?
Unless you are a competitive bodybuilder, the most you will need to be in the gym for your summer bodybuilding workouts is 3 weight training sessions of 60 minutes alternated with 3 cardiovascular training sessions of 20-40 minutes.
Why not workout 2 hours in Gym, you ask? Well, after 45 minutes to 1 hour of training the muscle building/fat burning hormones of most people begin to deplete while cortisol levels (fat storing/muscle burning hormone) increase.
We are looking at 2 types of training in order to help you build muscle and get lean.
Anaerobic: which would involved weight training
and, Aerobic: which would be cardio in your Fat Burning Zone (which is (220 – Age) * .75 = Fat Burning Heart Rate) which is a good way to accelerate the fat burning process, as long as it is not overdone, and as long as you complement with a good weight-training program.
Weight Training workouts:
15 min before you start your workout, take one sachet of Pure form amino acids Performance Nutrition supplement MUSCLEMAX
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
Wide Grip Pull-downs to Front (or Wide Grip Pull-ups to Front)
Flat Dumbbell Bench Press
Reverse Close Grip Pull-downs (or Reverse Grip Chin-ups)
At this point, your muscles are depleted and this is the most ideal time to take your second sachet of MUSCLEMAX so you are muscle is back to full strength and get the next set of workouts at full throttle.
One Arm Dumbbell Rows
One Legged Dumbbell Calf Raises
Two Legged Dumbbell Calf Raises
Take the 3rd sachet of MUSCLEMAX at this point as your body needs immediate supply of amino acids for recovery. According to most studies , taking nutrition immediately after workouts gets you the maximum benefits as the body opens up the “window of recovery” . The Window of Recovery lasts about 120 minutes.
The big idea of using BODYFUELZ MUSCLEMAX is that it is 100% fat free and 100% safe. Used by some of the best athletes in India, it has proven to give amazing results to bodybuilders and sports players in their muscle development.
Lying Dumbbell Triceps Extensions
Overhead Dumbbell Triceps Extensions
Bent Over Lateral Raises
Lying Leg Curls
Crunches (preferably performed on an Exercise Ball)
Lying Leg Raises
Notes on Sets and reps:
- For weeks 1-2 perform 12-15 repetitions per set and 2 sets per exercise.
- For weeks 3-4 perform 10-12 repetitions per set and 3 sets per exercise.
- For weeks 5-6 perform 8-10 repetitions per set and 4 sets per exercise.
- Do not rest more than 1 minute in between supersets. This not only allows for a better pump and an even better cardiovascular workout, but it also builds endurance
- Abdominal Workout is to be performed before the cardiovascular workout. Treat them as any other muscle, so use the same set and repetition scheme described above.
- Ensure perfect form in all exercises feeling the muscle contract and expand. Meaning, focus on getting form correct and not the amount of weight you lift
- Alternate between Workout (A) and Workout (B) each weight training day.
- Do not fall for the falsehood that supersetting is only for getting ripped and that no muscle can be built while doing it. Mass is built through supersetting.
Now, what is the ideal time for Aerobics?
According to article in about.com,
The ideal time is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach after drinking 16 to 24 ounces of water in order to prevent dehydration.
When performed at this time Swedish studies suggest that you can burn up to 300 percent more body fat than at any other time in the day because your body does not have any glycogen (stored carbohydrates) in the system to burn. Therefore, it has to go directly into the fat stores in order to get the energy necessary to complete the activity.
The other time that aerobic exercise is effective would be immediately after a weight training session as your glycogen stores have already been depleted. Because of this, once you start doing your cardio, you will start burning fat as soon as you elevate your heart rate since it is the only fuel that will be available.
When aerobic exercise is not performed first thing in the morning or right after the weight training workout, make sure that you wait three hours after your last meal so that you have some depletion of your carbohydrate stores. Otherwise it would take your body approximately 20 to 30 minutes to start burning fat because that is how long it takes the body to deplete its glycogen stores and switch to a fat burning environment.
In the next article we will discuss Bodybuilding Nutrition for Lean muscle.